1. First make a base bead from 'mud' colour. The finished bead will be quite a bit bigger than this bead so take this into account.
2. Make a 'log' from your chosen colours, I chose orange, grey and white here. Put the 'log' into your extruder with a small round die in the end, and begin to extruder the clay.
3. Put the base bead onto a mandrel (this is optional, I just prefer to do it this way) and begin to wind the long thin piece of clay around the base bead.
5. At this stage there is a choice, to leave the bead bumpy or roll it smooth in your hands. If you decide to make it smooth, you will need to pierce the hole again.
6. Bake the beads according to the manufacturers instructions. Once cool they need sanding and buffing.
Here are some more I have made using this method